Health Sherpa

I reviewed the Health Sherpa site and it is very interesting, they take all of the information on one screen and eliminate most of the hassle of using healthcare.gov.

The problem for any agent (other than cost) is that you absolutely need to have to be appointed with each company offering plans on the exchange-in Florida that is next to impossible as Florida Blue CGAs are now looking for any way possible to deny paying agent commissions and keep them for themselves. Since Blue pays the agency and takes no other responsibility the agent is always subject to the whim of the CGA to actually pay them.

The opposite is also true, of course-if you represent Blue and the consumer picks another plan, you may also not get paid.

Health Sherpa allows a credit card to pay the $50 fee but it is deducted immediately when the application is submitted so if anything is wrong and the app is declined you don't get a refund.

I can't see using them for a one person plan but using it for a family of 4, where the average premium is probably going to be $1000, probably makes sense for the next OEP-the commission for the first month pays the fee and eliminates a ton of time. I just wouldn't consider it for passive sales as you lose control of plan selection.

The numbers add up if commissions hold and we are still hovering at $25 per contract/per month.

I don't see me using them on a regular basis. Unless OEP gets out of control during the second week in December (for a 1/1 eff date) and the second week in February, when OEP is about to end.

I can see myself telling "blue sky" people "I'm sorry, I am booked, but I can send you a link. Feel free to email me with any questions. Have a nice day"

Is Health Sherpa types affected by this?

HHS sets enrollment rules for year two of Obamacare - The Washington Post
-----------
In a related enrollment decision, federal health officials recently told insurance-industry representatives said that one intended enrollment avenue that was unavailable last year, called “direct enrollment,” would not be offered during the second enrollment period because the computer capacity will not be ready. In direct enrollment, customers can go to insurance agents and brokers to figure out their subsidies through the exchange and sign up for coverage.

Is Health Sherpa types affected by this?

HHS sets enrollment rules for year two of Obamacare - The Washington Post
-----------
In a related enrollment decision, federal health officials recently told insurance-industry representatives said that one intended enrollment avenue that was unavailable last year, called “direct enrollment,” would not be offered during the second enrollment period because the computer capacity will not be ready. In direct enrollment, customers can go to insurance agents and brokers to figure out their subsidies through the exchange and sign up for coverage.

I posted this last night and asked (almost) the same question. One of our forum Gurus says that this HHS decision means that there will be no more subsidized enrollments at COMPANY or 3rd PARTY (i.e. HealthSherpa) websites.
ac

I posted this last night and asked (almost) the same question. One of our forum Gurus says that this HHS decision means that there will be no more subsidized enrollments at COMPANY or 3rd PARTY (i.e. HealthSherpa) websites.
ac

This is GREAT NEWS!!! Thanks AC!:biggrin:

ac

I guess that puts to rest the $50.00 application.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

-----------
one intended enrollment avenue that was unavailable last year, called “direct enrollment,” would not be offered during the second enrollment period

I thought, last year ehealth/gohealth did direct enrollments. 'unavailable' might be a typo, they wanted to mean 'available'. It seems that it will also impact ehealth in a negative way. Am I right?

Monti
Health Insurance Leads

Back