Health Sherpa

Went to use healthsherpa today, probably one of my last IFP plans I'll ever do, and healthsherpa is back to making you go through the marketplace. No thanks. I finished it on ACAexpress in minutes.

given that CMS mandated the checkpoint across all web brokers, it is likely you will see this same redirect showing up on ACAexpress soon as well.

Went to use healthsherpa today, probably one of my last IFP plans I'll ever do, and healthsherpa is back to making you go through the marketplace. No thanks. I finished it on ACAexpress in minutes.

ChazM - HealthSherpa only directs you to the Marketplace to apply if you give an affirmative answer to any of the "screener" questions. If the answer to all of the questions is "no" you complete/submit the application at HealthSherpa, same as before. (See the Health Sherpa e-mail that I pasted in this thread on 1.18.2016)
-ac

----------

given that CMS mandated the checkpoint across all web brokers, it is likely you will see this same redirect showing up on ACAexpress soon as well.

I don't know about that, TechBroker... HHS/CMS has a history of singling out Health Sherpa for punishment this Open Enrollment. For several days in early December 2015, CMS forced Health Sherpa to do the 2-Way Redirect on all applications. ACA-Express continued business as usual...no re-direct.

HealthSherpa was then abruptly shut down for several days in mid-December 2015. The exact reason is still a mystery, but the discussion is in another Health Sherpa thread, http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...th-sherpa-2016-open-enrollment-t76187-73.html , starting with post #723. During this time, ACA Express, and the other Web Brokers also continued to do business as usual.

ChazM - HealthSherpa only directs you to the Marketplace to apply if you give an affirmative answer to any of the "screener" questions. If the answer to all of the questions is "no" you complete/submit the application at HealthSherpa, same as before. (See the Health Sherpa e-mail that I pasted in this thread on 1.18.2016) -ac ---------- I don't know about that, TechBroker... HHS/CMS has a history of singling out Health Sherpa for punishment this Open Enrollment. For several days in early December 2015, CMS forced Health Sherpa to do the 2-Way Redirect on all applications. ACA-Express continued business as usual...no re-direct. HealthSherpa was then abruptly shut down for several days in mid-December 2015. The exact reason is still a mystery, but the discussion is in another Health Sherpa thread, http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/health-insurance-reform-forum/health-sherpa-2016-open-enrollment-t76187-73.html , starting with post #723. During this time, ACA Express, and the other Web Brokers also continued to do business as usual.

The only yes he gave was that he was still in college. ACAexpress did it no problem without the marketplace.

Back