Is the New 2025 CMS Rule for Agent compensation actually GREAT news for AGENTS and FMOs?

Savannah. It's my wife's hometown and her family is all here. Pretty place. I understand the summer is going to suck balls.
I've always heard that Savannah is beautiful. I'm in Albany which is a little over three hours away yet I've never been there.

My granddaughter graduated from SCADS and loved it so much she stayed.

As far as the heat, it's the humidity that's going to get you.

No. CMS will view that as steering and won’t allow it. Regardless, overrides are steering. There won’t be overrides since it can’t be to an enrollment. It’s going to be exciting to see how this plays out. I think it will be a gradual decrease until FMO’s are not supported anymore
I agree with this interpretation.Any type of payment for an enrollment is an override . But somehow many fmo’s believe they’ll get paid somehow . How will carriers pay them were it’s not based on enrollments ? We know carriers can’t pay ga,mga etc directly overrides for enrollments . What would would cms say if fmo’s try to disguise payment of overrides to mga’s etc ? For that matter will carriers try to disguise marketing money to fmo’s .Does anyone believe cms instituted this rule just to punish agents financially and leave fmo’s unscatched 100% ? Hell no . The intent was to end overrides . 2025 there will be tremendous pressure on mapd carriers on profit margins . What I’m reading food cards , otc could be gone on many products . Medical copays rising and having dental copays . Will carriers use this opportunity to chop overrides big even if they find a way to do overrides?Will some carriers use this as excuse to not pay overrides and others won’t ?Im very certain cms’s intent on this was to not have any overrides paid period .That’s why cms is saying to pay $100 more to agent per enrollment. So he pays for what he needs and is not dependent on fmo .If carriers pay $100 more to agent at the very least why wouldn’t they cut fmo overrides by $100 ( if they can disguise overrides ) .I’d to be fighting like hell and looking for loopholes too if I were an fmo about to lose potentially millions or even 10’s of millions a yr in overrides . Something needed to be done . The incredible overrides and marketing money has created mass greed and chaos in the industry.

Last edited:
I agree with this interpretation.Any type of payment for an enrollment is an override . But somehow many fmo’s believe they’ll get paid somehow . How will carriers pay them were it’s not based on enrollments ? We know carriers can’t pay ga,mga etc directly overrides for enrollments . What would would cms say if fmo’s try to disguise payment of overrides to mga’s etc ? For that matter will carriers try to disguise marketing money to fmo’s .Does anyone believe cms instituted rule just to punish agents financially and leave fmo’s unscatched 100% ? Hell no . The intent was ti end overrides . 2025 there will be tremendous pressure on mapd carriers on profit margins . What I’m reading food cards , otc could be gone on many products . Medical copays rising amd having dental copays . Will carriers use this opportunity to chop overrides big even if they find a way to do overrides?Will some carriers use this as excuse to not pay overrides and others won’t ?Im very certain cms’s intent on this was to not have any overrides paid period .That’s why cms is saying to pay $100 more to agent per enrollment. So he pays for what he needs and is not dependent on fmo .if carriers pay $100 more to agent at the very least why wouldn’t they cut fmo overrides by $100 ( if they can disguise overrides ) .I’d to be fighting like hell and looking for loopholes too if I were an fmo about to lose potentially millions ot even 10’s of millions a yr in overrides . Something needed to be done . The incredible overrides and marketing money has created mass greed and chaos in the industry.
Thank you for your educated response. I’m new to this forum

But CMS doesn't regulate Medigap policies, nor the commissions associated with it. Commissions and incentives (aka trips) are already steering towards Medigap. Carrier's do not need CMS approval to determine which products are part of which contract.

Insurance companies don’t make money on medigap. I’m sure they don’t want to pretend to promote medigap with a wink. The bottom line is that FMO’s will not be relevant to an agent anymore. I see no way around this. Yes the newby learning to get in the trade may suffer without an FMO and will need to come up with start up costs. What field doesn’t? Insurance companies are fully capable of training a new agent. Don’t we see UHC and there weekly classes for new agents? That’s more than what an FMO can ever do. Agents don’t need to beg for marketing money anymore. It’s a good feeling to be free from influence. My FMO called me once in four years. Asking if I would like to go to Nebraska for some agent event. Said they would pay for my gas but not my hotel. Since with them, I’ve written over 1000 MAPD plans. An agent should never have to beg for marketing. All agents should be treated the same. With this new rule, we are all in the same shoes.

Back