Is the New 2025 CMS Rule for Agent compensation actually GREAT news for AGENTS and FMOs?

Does anyone know of an organization or company willing to pay an individual all costs associated with running their own business? being self employed without any start up costs? Would be nice to transition over to that type of work. Oh wait… I think there is or was..

However, I really hate how the application now asks about ethnicity.
Oddly enough, every applicant I have had since this little tidbit was added to the application has declined to answer. Every. Single. One.

It's weird.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, every applicant I have had since this little tidbit was added to the application has declined to answer. Every, Single. One.

It's weird.
Just noticed that your avatar thingy says Georgia. I thought you were in Arizona.

Does anyone think that carriers will split their contracts up between products now (assuming MAPD/PDP Overrides go away)?

For example, UHC's contracts are one contract covering MAPD, PDP, and Medigap. Nothing is regulating the Medigap overrides, but this rule, if contracts are not changed, impacts all products.

Oddly enough, every applicant I have had since this little tidbit was added to the application has declined to answer. Every. Single. One.

It's weird.

I thought it said declined to ask.lol Also like the one on UHC HRA that ask about obesity- i usually just guess their weight class like they do at the fair.just kidding

Does anyone think that carriers will split their contracts up between products now (assuming MAPD/PDP Overrides go away)?

For example, UHC's contracts are one contract covering MAPD, PDP, and Medigap. Nothing is regulating the Medigap overrides, but this rule, if contracts are not changed, impacts all products.
No. CMS will view that as steering and won’t allow it. Regardless, overrides are steering. There won’t be overrides since it can’t be to an enrollment. It’s going to be exciting to see how this plays out. I think it will be a gradual decrease until FMO’s are not supported anymore

Back