Is the New 2025 CMS Rule for Agent compensation actually GREAT news for AGENTS and FMOs?

No that is different that is for qualification

this is just prying and its not just what meds do you take, its way more personal

Have you felt blue in the last 30 days
have you felt alone
Have you lost any interest in doing things from 1 to 10
My favorite question has always been:

Do you feel lonely even when you're in a room full of people?

My answer would have been. "I'll be fine once you get your ass out of here."

Honestly I did not really like doing HRAs some felt very intrusive with lots of mental health questions

The best is the regular questions on the ACA marketplace exchange. They want to know everyone's sexual orientation. It's an optional question, which was never getting filled in by the brokers. CMS then sent out a questionnaire to us asking why we think most brokers didn't answer these questions for their clients. UHHHHHH, gee, Einsteins.....I don't know. Maybe you can tell me. Not exactly rocket science. THIS is what is currently running CMS. A bunch of f*cking geniuses, I tell you.

Honestly I did not really like doing HRAs some felt very intrusive with lots of mental health questions

There are indeed a few questions that seem intrusive, like asking about recreational drug use.

However, I really hate how the application now asks about ethnicity. It's in there in such an odd place, and it seems like it's out of left field. What's that have to do with the business we are conducting right now?

I guess you never did underwritten business of any kind . . . health, life, DI, etc.

Try asking women about their HRT meds, creams, etc.

Some were more nonchalant than others. More than once I not only got the HRT name & dosage but it was accompanied by "it's because I am so dry that sex is very painful".

TMI

Many years ago I had to ask a woman why she had her breast implants redone. That was a fun conversation.

I also once had a life carrier request a second urine specimen on a client (doctor) due to protein in the urine. He explained the reason was prior to the urine specimen he had sex with his wife and hadn’t “voided” prior to the test.

The second test came back clean and they approved him at standard. All other indications were that he’d get preferred plus rates. I asked the underwriter if they had received the results of the second test on the first go around what would he be approved at. She said preferred plus. We debated back and forth and she was adamant that he would only get standard. I explained what he said regarding the reason for the protein in the first test. She said if I could get him to write a letter explaining it then they would consider preferred plus.

I called him and he wrote the letter.

There are indeed a few questions that seem intrusive, like asking about recreational drug use.

However, I really hate how the application now asks about ethnicity. It's in there in such an odd place, and it seems like it's out of left field. What's that have to do with the business we are conducting right now?

You can ask but they can refuse to answer.

PDP apps ask about ethnicity . . . I always check "declines to answer"

What is the downside if the PH refuses to answer? Or maybe they answer but not truthfully. How will you know? What is the blowback from the carrier for a less than truthful response?

You can ask but they can refuse to answer.

PDP apps ask about ethnicity . . . I always check "declines to answer"

What is the downside if the PH refuses to answer? Or maybe they answer but not truthfully. How will you know? What is the blowback from the carrier for a less than truthful response?

I like to utilize the "declines to answer" option as well.

I am inclined to think the sole purpose of the question is for political marketing reasons.

I always wondered why corrupt marketing was overlooked by CMS and Insurance companies. The bad marketing all stems from unlicensed organizations that aren’t selling but getting massive marketing money and overrides to push agents into selling the insurance company that gives the most to the FMO/agent. If the insurance companies pull a fast one, they get reprimanded and if a licensed agent screws up, they lose their license. CMS can’t sanction the big marketing organizations if they aren’t selling. Insurance companies know this and therefore do their shenanigans through these big organizations that are untouchable. If an insurance company keeps giving the FMO tons of marketing money/overrides, the money will be wasted because there is no longer an incentive for an agent to even care or listen. Even though we hear that the FMO can still get overrides, my guess is that it will have to be the same amount of override across the board with each carrier or we agents are back to the same influence which won’t be allowed anymore. salaried employees will be the new norm so a bigger cut of the 725.00 can be given to the FMO.

Back