Declined - Sensitive Social History

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
First decline in years.

I remember "back in the day" we would simply call the underwriter and ask for details and try to find a solution. I understand and can appreciate HIPPA, but it sure makes it more challenging to work info out of underwriters. Also some companies get all knotted up if the agent calls.

Sensitive Social History? From an APS. Mid 70s client, Could be so many different things. Will be an interesting conversation.

Hoping I get an update on the other app before I call him.

First decline in years.

I remember "back in the day" we would simply call the underwriter and ask for details and try to find a solution. I understand and can appreciate HIPPA, but it sure makes it more challenging to work info out of underwriters. Also some companies get all knotted up if the agent calls.

Sensitive Social History? From an APS. Mid 70s client, Could be so many different things. Will be an interesting conversation.

Hoping I get an update on the other app before I call him.

What? What carrier isnt insuring progressive Democrats & cabinet members anymore.

What? What carrier isnt insuring progressive Democrats & cabinet members anymore.

Do you have a market for a 11 year old bio male, that has already been on puberty blockers for over 2 years? 2 carriers declined, so parents are throwing a fit that they will cancel the apps on other 2 kids & the parents, along with their home, auto, business insurance & file a complaint with insurance commissioner for declining their child.

Do you have a market for a 11 year old bio male, that has already been on puberty blockers for over 2 years?

Medically castrated their son at age 9?

Did you quote him male or female rates.

Cancel apps and existing coverages? Yeah, see ya.
They are a walk for me.

MIB may tank it, but I wonder if MoO Child Whole Life would work. The built in GPOs could become very important in that Child's future.

Medically castrated their son at age 9?

Did you quote him male or female rates.

Cancel apps and existing coverages? Yeah, see ya.
They are a walk for me.

MIB may tank it, but I wonder if MoO Child Whole Life would work. The built in GPOs could become very important in that Child's future.
Yeah, not sure about MOO. They ask if you have had any mental or developmental disorders or if you chronic conditions in last 3 years--not sure if they can or cant answer those no

Yeah, not sure about MOO. They ask if you have had any mental or developmental disorders or if you chronic conditions in last 3 years--not sure if they can or cant answer those no
Mental - the child, could be a no if no history. The Owners?

Chronic Conditions - Yeah, good question. Probably not before the chemical introduction. Now, maybe so. I guess that would be a question for their Doc.

I wonder if some of these children will be able to sue the parents in the future?

The few cases I have worked have been adults. Our biggest issue was being underwritten as Males as opposed to Female.

I wonder if some of these children will be able to sue the parents in the future?

The irony is children injured in car accidents or home accidents where litigation is involved do not have the normal 2 year statute of limitations. They can hold off suing or filing a claim until after they turn age 18 because under age 18 they cant enter into a binding contract (same reason they cant be the owner of life insurance or IRA until 18---but they can sign contracts to permanently change their gender, etc.

Sensitive Social History most likely refers to one of two things.

- Social Media posts that make them question the validity of their responses on the app... or question their lifestyle as a safe lifestyle in some aspect.

- Some type of publicly known event. That could cause that person to have some type of heightened risk.

Sensitive medical info is a thing in life UW. But at the end of the day, the carrier can decline if the client withholds. Sensitive or not.

It also could be something they just dont disclose to the agent, without express permission from the client.

I had an express UW case that was Std and not Prf. Client wanted to know why. It was "background report". Client had to request the report to find out the info... never told me what it was... lol.

That is my best guess. Let us know what you find out!

Last edited:
I had an express UW case that was Std and not Prf. Client wanted to know why. It was "background report". Client had to request the report to find out the info... never told me what it was... lol.

Had one like that my first year. Big case, at the time, $500mo. 1986. (Damn I am old!) Put me over the top for convention. The guy was a real ball buster. Loud, demanding and condescending. Wealthy part of the SF East Bay.

Thankfully I was in Boston on a training trip so my manager placed it. I think I would have choked. Today would be different.

Found out it had something to do with his daughter and some kind of abuse. Allegedly.

A year later - I have left John Hancock. I get a letter that they have rescinded the policy. He told them he had never received the policy, and didn't know they were deducting the $500mo. JH refunded him and wanted their money back. I sent a letter with documentation that showed their manager placed it.

Back