Applying for life insurance with history of hospitalization.

The premium isn't the problem. It's the health issue. So it will cost what it costs.

Many times we as agents tend to try to fix a problem that is not ours.
We didn't break it.
The premium is not the problem the premium is the solution to the problem or the cost of the solution.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. My kids, especially the boys, sure hated that saying. They could build a trophy room with stupid prizes. Same as the old man.

This is what my brokerage said "Unfortunately alcohol induced pancreatitus is a decline with all carriers for a long time. Some carriers won't ever take it no matter how long ago. Some will take 10 years out with no recurrence. They will test for elevated liver function. Even then it is tough to get issued without table ratings. Most carriers are doing medical claims data pulls now, especially on 1M face, so they will find out even if you do not disclose it."

In my opinion. A situation like this needs to be pre-screened for an informal UW opinion directly with carriers, not the IMO.

IMO is a good starting point. But they or the agent should be sending in the specifics to multiple carriers to get an informal UW opinion.

IMOs that give blanket UW answers scare me. Call or email the carrier and see what they say... thats what they get paid for. But then you have the issue of "what carriers do they offer and which are their go-to for this type of condition".

The brokerage that I submit my FU applications to has been doing term for years. They bought TermProvider from Gary Paulzak. Todd Landau has never failed me and I trust what he says. No one on this forum works with the underwriters of different carriers like he does every day. If he doesn't think the case isn't worth pursuing then I am good with that. Let the guy go ahead and apply and when he is declined an MIB hit will appear if he ever reapplies again.

Alan Combs left this world in 2017.

You don't get out much, do you?
Lol. No, I know he did. Just saying we could use some people on a show with various opinions rather than 5 channels that are full of liberal opinions & 1 with conservative. Why not some show with both?

Back