Looking to work for life insurance agency but stay independent on health insurance side

fastlanemillions

Ok so bare with me, Im a newly independent agent on the health side but I am waiting to get my appointments processed with my current upline.

I'm wondering if theres is an agency out there that would be ok with me selling life insurance under them as an employee or 1099 whatever but still let me stay independent on the health side.

The idea is to earn income while waiting for this processing and building up my book of business on the health side and to hopefully get some referrals through the clients I close with life. I wouldn't care if the agency owns book of life insurance clients just as long as I can earn income and keep my upline and 100% commission with health insurance. I repeat, i don't want any inteference on the health side of my commissions nor do I want to sell health for the agency, only life.

Is that big ask, or am i crazy for thinking thats possible, would a life agency consider that?

Quick Update: So i applied to sell life for agency on indeed and messaged them about my situation. They messaged back that it would be ok. Any thing I should ask them to be safe?

Last edited:
Ok so bare with me, Im a newly independent agent on the health side but I am waiting to get my appointments processed with my current upline.

I'm wondering if theres is an agency out there that would be ok with me selling life insurance under them as an employee or 1099 whatever but still let me stay independent on the health side.

The idea is to earn income while waiting for this processing and building up my book of business on the health side and to hopefully get some referrals through the clients I close with life. I wouldn't care if the agency owns book of life insurance clients just as long as I can earn income and keep my upline and 100% commission with health insurance. I repeat, i don't want any inteference on the health side of my commissions nor do I want to sell health for the agency, only life.

Is that big ask, or am i crazy for thinking thats possible, would a life agency consider that?

Quick Update: So i applied to sell life for agency on indeed and messaged them about my situation. They messaged back that it would be ok. Any thing I should ask them to be safe?
It is your business. I would not write under anyone that tried to control any of my contracts.
Never give up ownership of your clients. Always get paid direct from the insurance companies.

IMohsoHO

Back