Opinions on what is expected with the final rule for Medicare

But please tell me more about how to run a business when you haven’t even read up on the changes that passed 2 years ago.

(I actually don’t care if you can read or not. I DO care when you make idiotic statements about things you clearly know nothing about and confuse newbies)

ROFL!!

It’s “sort of 6%”

My understanding is the 6% applies only to the BASE Beneficiary Premium

More details here . . .

They could roll out a new plan, or like mutual, could they just sit it out for year, then re-enter in the following year?
Don’t ask me the details yet but
ROFL!!

My understanding is the 6% applies only to the BASE Beneficiary Premium

More details here . . .

Agreed on both.

Now explain it to a client. I am wide open to a better script.

So Part D plans.

No cost for Part D formulary drugs after reaching $2,000 out-of-pocket cap

Medicare Part D beneficiaries will have a $2,000 maximum cap on out-of-pocket spending for Part D formulary drugs (RxMOOP). In 2025, the $2,000 RxMOOP should be reached when a person purchases Medicare Part D formulary drugs with a retail value totaling $6,230. In other words, starting in 2025, Medicare Part D beneficiaries will not spend more than $2,000 out-of-pocket for formulary drugs.

The $2,000 RxMOOP or out-of-pocket spending limit can increase every year like other Medicare Part D parameters*.

Also it's my understanding that the Part B drugs are excluded from this $2,000 threshold . So we are seeing large increases in the Medigap plans as a result. This perhaps will also drive up the MOOPs along with the payer cuts. Less goodies added into the MAPD plans.

Also it's my understanding that the Part B drugs are excluded from this $2,000 threshold . So we are seeing large increases in the Medigap plans as a result.

I don't see how the $2k cap will impact Medigap plans at all.

As it stands now, more B drugs are now self injected . . . no need for infusion therapy as these meds move from B to D.

MAPD has been a runaway train for some time. The carriers created that problem and now they will have to make adjustments and learn to live on less money like the rest of us.

You must have been sleeping in 2014 and later when Obama and friends decided to take the regulation of individual health insurance away from the states and make it the purview of CMS, et al.

Carriers rolled over and said scratch my belly one more time.

Mandated coverage. No underwriting. No pre-ex.

Carriers and agents alike thought they were going to get rich.

Didn't quite work out as DC planned. Damn near killed the under 65 health insurance market.
Nope, I was working the under-65 Individual health insurance market before Obamacare came along. The justification for regulating individual health insurance by the Federal gov't was that since it was now being federally subsidized (at least the on-Exchange plans) - just like with MA, PDP plans, Federal flood insurance, etc - the Feds should be responsible for regulating the industry.

But since STMs get NO federal subsidies, how can the Feds justify regulating it? This sets a bad precedent. What's next, HIP plans, Cancer-CI plans.....life insurance?!

This is what my crystal ball shows. All cheap Part D plans will go away, no longer offered. They will be migrated into other plans. The cheapest Part D plan will be at least $20/month, Probably $30/month.
Gonna be a fun fun fun AEP.

Back