Home Inspection for New Policy

G

Fellow P&C folks,

I write HO policies in my area all the time. My carrier requires me to go out and take photos of the home and inspect the roof, no big deal.

I'm currently working on a deal where I will be insuring a newer home that is about 400 miles from where I live, it is my client's seasonal home.

How do you guys do your inspections when they are a long way from you and you physically doing the inspection isn't possible? I know there are companies that do this, but I've never used one and don't know how to find one. Also I'm curious about the cost.

Any insight you can give on how you handle this situation?

Fellow P&C folks,

I write HO policies in my area all the time. My carrier requires me to go out and take photos of the home and inspect the roof, no big deal.

I'm currently working on a deal where I will be insuring a newer home that is about 400 miles from where I live, it is my client's seasonal home.

How do you guys do your inspections when they are a long way from you and you physically doing the inspection isn't possible? I know there are companies that do this, but I've never used one and don't know how to find one. Also I'm curious about the cost.

Yes.

Ask the policyholder to take the photos for you.

This isn't going against the carriers requirements because you'll take a look at the photos yourself prior to binding to get a better understanding of what your putting on their books.

Fellow P&C folks,

All my companies do the inspection themselves. I always look at goggle to see how the house looks. Do you have to upload the photo..you can use the client photo for the carrier.

Fellow P&C folks,

How do you guys do your inspections when they are a long way from you and you physically doing the inspection isn't possible? I know there are companies that do this, but I've never used one and don't know how to find one. Also I'm curious about the cost of Building inspection Perth.

When dealing with inspections for homes located far away, utilizing third-party inspection companies can be a practical solution. These companies specialize in conducting property inspections and can provide detailed reports and photos to assist with underwriting. To find a reliable inspection company, consider reaching out to your carrier for recommendations or conducting an online search for inspection services in the area of the property. Additionally, networking with other insurance professionals in your industry may yield valuable referrals or insights into reputable inspection companies. In terms of cost, it can vary depending on the scope of the inspection and the specific services required. Some inspection companies offer flat-rate pricing, while others may charge based on factors such as the size and complexity of the property. Before engaging any inspection company, be sure to inquire about their pricing structure, turnaround time for reports, and the extent of services included. It's also wise to read reviews and testimonials from other clients to gauge the company's reliability and professionalism. By leveraging the expertise of third-party inspection services, you can efficiently manage inspections for properties located far from your area while ensuring thorough underwriting assessments for your clients' policies.

Is it possible for you to have a video phone call with client when they are at the property so you can direct them around the house so you can inspect via video?

If carriers are non-renewing or finding items that need to be fixed from satelites or drones selling them data, I would think you could inspect via live close up video

Latest posts

Back