• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Do you provide handouts for your Educational Events?

JordanS

Expert
Hello,

I was wondering if handouts are normal practice for a Medicare 101 PowerPoint presentation. I'm running into the costs to print out these slides and I'm curious how necessary they are if the cost isn't adding up to future enrollments.

Any advice on this and other best practices regarding formal educational events?

Most folks don't like to read. Doesn't matter if it is a short read or a long one.

They read the headline and the first 2 - 3 sentences and then move on.

You will get as much bang, if not more, with a one page photocopy containing bullet points.

Likewise for long presentations, one on one or for a crowd. Unless you are really good you will lose them in 7 minutes or less.

Short. Attention. Span.

I get all of my handouts back after the seminar. They get a branded folder with my 2024 costs sheet, branded pen, and a sheet for notes to keep.
Who do you go to get the branded stuff, and for the 2024 costs, are you referring to a summary of the Part A & B cost shares if they don't get a plan?

Do you instruct them in the beginning to return the handout of the presentation back?

Most folks don't like to read. Doesn't matter if it is a short read or a long one.

They read the headline and the first 2 - 3 sentences and then move on.

You will get as much bang, if not more, with a one page photocopy containing bullet points.

Likewise for long presentations, one on one or for a crowd. Unless you are really good you will lose them in 7 minutes or less.

Short. Attention. Span.
I like the idea of having a simplified one pager. Thank you for confirming that idea.

Who do you go to get the branded stuff, and for the 2024 costs, are you referring to a summary of the Part A & B cost shares if they don't get a plan?

Do you instruct them in the beginning to return the handout of the presentation back?

I buy my pens at pens.com and my folders from my local mail house.
Yes, it’s just one sheet off all of the A/B cost and IRMAA but I can email it to you if you want.
I do tell them that they can keep my black folder and pen but I need the three ring binder folder back.

Back