Dialing Leads

1) That's going bye-bye too. The new rule that was passed doesn't allow the transfer of consent; unless you have express consent for you/your company, by name, to text then you won't be compliant.
Yep. It's definitely going to put wrench in the gears of the lead sellers who have people "opt in" to get their water heater fixed and all of a sudden are buried in spam by solar companies.

It's a good thing from my perspective.

Yep. It's definitely going to put wrench in the gears of the lead sellers who have people "opt in" to get their water heater fixed and all of a sudden are buried in spam by solar companies.

Effects on business aside, it's common sense.

Imagine living with a roommate and "consenting" to him putting some artwork around the house. You come home and the entire house is filled floor to ceiling with stuff to where you can't even move around. Old boxes, clothes, food wrappers...junk everywhere.

The idea that you "consented" to this is nonsense and everyone knows it.

1) That's going bye-bye too. The new rule that was passed doesn't allow the transfer of consent; unless you have express consent for you/your company, by name, to text then you won't be compliant.

2) 99% chance your lists aren't what you think/claim they are, and in the US, you can't be indemnified by whoever you bought a list from.

I'm not buying lists either and I'm not 'acquiring' the consent from another company. I am reworking the leads that were generated by the company themselves on their behalf.

The leads are reworked via SMS, because it's so much less invasive than calling, and when people respond they are responding directly to the company that generated the lead in the first place.

I'm just providing the tech for the company to facilitate the leads being woken up and brought back to a conversation.

So I'm interested to find out more about companies that are sitting on old lists that are legitimately opted in where we can contact them via sms.

It seems that the lists that are being talked about here are not these types of leads hence my questions about it.

I'm not buying lists either and I'm not 'acquiring' the consent from another company. I am reworking the leads that were generated by the company themselves on their behalf.

The leads are reworked via SMS, because it's so much less invasive than calling, and when people respond they are responding directly to the company that generated the lead in the first place.

I'm just providing the tech for the company to facilitate the leads being woken up and brought back to a conversation.

So I'm interested to find out more about companies that are sitting on old lists that are legitimately opted in where we can contact them via sms.

It seems that the lists that are being talked about here are not these types of leads hence my questions about it.
Gotcha.

The problem you're going to run into is the vast majority of companies working leads in volume are buying them vs generating them themselves.

Are the procedures you are talking about going to make the owner of the cell phone have to pay extra charges? If so you should not be allowed to do it?

The "ring" of an incoming phone call and the "ding" of an incoming text are both demands for immediate attention from an electronic device. How do you see an incoming text as being less invasive to a person than the phone call?

Are the procedures you are talking about going to make the owner of the cell phone have to pay extra charges? If so you should not be allowed to do it?

The "ring" of an incoming phone call and the "ding" of an incoming text are both demands for immediate attention from an electronic device. How do you see an incoming text as being less invasive to a person than the phone call?
It won't cost them anything to receive the SMS. If they want to reply there might be charges depending on whatever plan they're on. Many plans have calls/txt included so doesn't cost them any extra. No one is forcing them to reply.

With SMS the recipient has the ability to see the message and decide if they want to respond or not. A call is more confrontational, and as an introvert myself, I can tell you there are large percentages of the population who simply don't like answering calls to speak to anyone they don't know.

I am booking calls consistently from 2 year old lists with SMS campaigns and I'm here to learn more about how people are operating in the US in this industry.

It seems that the lists are bought and then cold called without consent? I don't really understand the model if anyone can offer any insight?

I do what your friend does. I do sometimes double dial but triple dialing never felt right to me. I call each number once at different times of day like morning, afternoon and evening. After a few tries over a couple of day, I add them to a text campaign that will text them once per day or so.

I do what your friend does. I do sometimes double dial but triple dialing never felt right to me. I call each number once at different times of day like morning, afternoon and evening. After a few tries over a couple of day, I add them to a text campaign that will text them once per day or so.
Right, so this is what I was getting at, if people don't pickup after a few tries, can't we then add them to an automated SMS campaign?

It seems from above conversation there could be legal issues with this?

We are getting results from lists that didn't pickup, only then to respond well to SMS. They can see who it is and what it's about without being put on the spot by someone calling with unknown intentions.

But our lists have 100% opted into the marketing so I guess that's the main issue here.

But our lists have 100% opted into the marketing so I guess that's the main issue here.
The main issue is that the marketing that is opted into has to be specific to the agent/agency.

Meaning I can't buy a random list of people who have expressed interest in buying life insurance and opted in under the new laws. I have to buy a list of people who have expressed interest in buying life insurance from my agency, specifically.

That is a big problem for most.

Latest posts

Back