• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Appreciation Financial....anyone had any experience with them?

The BD fee is $125 per week. They encourage you to do the $17 per lead auto lead. But you don’t have to get them. And your commission is assigned through the company. You must pay for all conventions as they are mandatory.
With your post and mine, I think that’s the entire company picture. I can’t sell in my area. Valic has a lock on CMS so I have to go a few counties over.

The BD fee is $125 per week. They encourage you to do the $17 per lead auto lead. But you don’t have to get them. And your commission is assigned through the company. You must pay for all conventions as they are mandatory.
With your post and mine, I think that’s the entire company picture. I can’t sell in my area. Valic has a lock on CMS so I have to go a few counties over.

That is the killer. If/when it goes bad ... they punt you and keep your money. :mad:

I've heard of a number of companies over the years that do this type of work - seems like a decent setup, if they delivered on their end and commissions were fair.

Assigning commissions...no way, not me anyhow. I got screwed one time many moons ago on that deal when I was super green, and have heard plenty of nightmares about it, especially with the MLM type companies.

If the insurance company like say LSW is approved by the school district and an agent is appointed with them, and gets approval from the principal or whoever controls access to the school, does an agent still need Appreciation Financial to get in the school ?

Or is Appreciation Financial in control with an agreement with the school to only allow their agents in to give presentations ?

I would be concerned about assigning commissions because the 403b market is level commissions over a period of years with new contributions, I believe ?

I was reading some reviews of them and looks like many are fake to me with mostly all positive stuff and high ratings and the negative ones are responded to by the company, often with a patented response. Not a good sign to me at all.

Last edited:
Just really got started this week. Doing a back to school luncheon tomorrow for an elementary school. Should get 2-25 appointments. Did a presentation at a new teacher orientation a couple of weeks ago and got a total of 30 appointment for a pension review. I work in two states, and have to know the pensions in Illinois (TRS and IMRF) and also Missouri (PSRS and PERS) so it keeps me hopping. Lots to know but lots of money to be made. I did my first annuity roll over today (two actually, same teacher) in the amount of $70,000. So far, I love it.

How did it work out for you? are you still doing Appreciation? I am looking into them, would like to get your thoughts, the good and the bad.

Back