Applying for Part B online when retiring at a later Age

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Ok, In the past I basically stayed out of this and said probably best to do paper and get the employer form filled out and go to SS physically

But since covid seems like people still cant get in the office for appointments and are being told to mail it and keep running into issues with paperwork getting lost or taking so long or they are not found in the system

So What's the deal with enrolling online when it is later retirement, How do they get the employer form filled? do they just attest to it and that is it?

are there issues that arise with it?

I’ve had my clients use the online option for about a year now, and up until March of 2024 it’s been fine.
This past March I had three clients (all couples) apply online and once I did it with them in my office. SS told all three of them that they never received anything.
I can’t trust it anymore until they fix whatever issue they have.

I’ve had my clients use the online option for about a year now, and up until March of 2024 it’s been fine.
This past March I had three clients (all couples) apply online and once I did it with them in my office. SS told all three of them that they never received anything.
I can’t trust it anymore until they fix whatever issue they have.

But what about thee employer form? What I am talking about specifically is when one is retiring after 65

I was told early on when they are retiring later never let them do online because of the employer form

but the option is available so I assume it is workable

But what about thee employer form? What I am talking about specifically is when one is retiring after 65

I was told early on when they are retiring later never let them do online because of the employer form

Yes, it’s an online part B application and they upload the signed L564 form. One couple was told the form was missing, when I personally attached it to the file while they were in my office, and the other two were told SS never received anything. They were told that there’s been some online issues and they recommend that they drop it off at the office.

The online form is way more "broad" -- they can use a pay stub, picture of ins card, W2...

Go thru the online then scroll to page 6 for a list of all of the acceptable documents.

The online form is way more "broad" -- they can use a pay stub, picture of ins card, W2...

Go thru the online then scroll to page 6 for a list of all of the acceptable documents.

If you had one like this would you suggest they do the online now?

I have a client who did a paper app and it was not received and they told him to send another one, this was several weeks ago and they are telling him to be patient it takes time to show

Not I have humana about to cancel his app because he is not showing

Latest posts

Back