Agent Licensing test is hard

Carefully vetted for revenue sharing, most likely.

https://primerica.com/public/Revenue-Sharing.pdf

Every firm does it, not just yours. It just 'sounds' so much better to talk about vetting when it can really be about revenue sharing.

that would only be part of it. Even our logo is about the intertwined interests of co, agents & clients. Products & services have to be good for all 3! That is deeply imbedded part of our culture.

PBGC is pre funded by all pensions paying in hundreds of dollars per year per plan participant

As I recall, the PBGC was established in 1975 as part of the new ERISA law. REA Express was one of the first "bail outs" . . . initial premium was $1 per employee.

I haven't been involved in the pension business for some time, especially DB plans, I am guessing the current PBGC premium is considerably higher

As I recall, the PBGC was established in 1975 as part of the new ERISA law. REA Express was one of the first "bail outs" . . . initial premium was $1 per employee.

I haven't been involved in the pension business for some time, especially DB plans, I am guessing the current PBGC premium is considerably higher

I sit on a committee of DB & 401k. PBGC annual insurance premium per participant is around $90 flat rate or $600 variable rate

I sit on a committee of DB & 401k. PBGC annual insurance premium per participant is around $90 flat rate or $600 variable rate

PBGC covers 401k now? Initially it was just DB plans . . . no money purchase, profit sharing, etc

Find it hard to believe they cover "cash" plans since participants get to choose the investment mix, several times a year, and they almost always make the wrong choice at the wrong time. So now the taxpayer has to bail them out for their foolish mistakes?

Quite frankly, I want EVERY agent to succeed and I don't care what company they are with. I don't participate in "Primerica bashing" anymore. I have better things to do and think about.

The only thing I really detest is when agents (regardless of company) are really trolls. They have no intention of learning anything new and they see every policy labeled as whole life or universal life as evil. I cannot and will not tolerate an agent like that, particularly in the Facebook group.

So I created a rule about it. I defined a troll along those lines and we don't keep those agents in the group. We have a few Primerica agents who are very professional who see that there is a place for all kinds of insurance, but they also stick to their belief systems. I'm perfectly okay with that and greatly encourage it!

And I don't think we've had much of a BTID flame war at all this year? The drama has been pretty low in that group for quite a while now. Among a group of 13,000+ agents (our engagement is far less though), I think that's pretty good. :)

Don't participate "Anymore".. I try to stay away from the drama by just suggesting agents read their associate agreement from a business mindset. If they agree with it more power to them.

On the way to church this mourning.. Blood pressure dropped and went into shock and Charlotte had to detour to the ER.. When I got there BP was 53/25.. Gave me a couple of bags of IV Saline and BP went up so I am home now.
Damn Louis, you just need to rest for a while and recuperate. Good luck.

Last night I was having trouble breathing even with the oxygen on and my blood pressure was over 200. My wife made me go to the ER. I've got pneumonia for the 3rd time in 17 months and RVS (a virus that hits babies and kids.... I'm still a kid at heart). I didn't want stay last night, but the boss made me, and I'm glad now that I did. Probably be here a couple of days watching Ridiculousness. My medical problems are nothing compared to yours.

2 years in a row now I thought about trying a MAPD, then went in the hospital during/before AEP. Also, in June I have to get a loop recorder removed from my chest. The Dr. and the hospital that implanted it aren't in anybody's network but their own. I'm sticking with a Med Supp... everything's paid for

Last edited:
PBGC covers 401k now? Initially it was just DB plans . . . no money purchase, profit sharing, QUOTE]

No,no. They don't cover 401k,just DB plans. I merely meant on on on a committee at work for the DB & 401k plan. Not that 401k is covered under PGBC

Damn Louis, you just need to rest for a while and recuperate. Good luck.

Last night I was having trouble breathing even with the oxygen on and my blood pressure was over 200. My wife made me go to the ER. I've got pneumonia for the 3rd time in 17 months and RVS (a virus that hits babies and kids.... I'm still a kid at heart). I didn't want stay last night, but the boss made me, and I'm glad now that I did. Probably be here a couple of days watching Ridiculousness. My medical problems are nothing compared to yours.

2 years in a row ow I thought about trying a MAPD, then went in the hospital during/before AEP. Also, in June I have to get a loop recorder removed from my chest. The Dr. and the hospital that implanted it aren't in anybody's network but their own. I'm sticking with a Med Supp... everything's paid for
Get well soon ... Might help if you would give me about 50 points of your BP and we would both be in pretty good shape.. Do have you beat on the pneumonia hospitalizations.. Last week made 10 times in 2 years. Agree with you on the Med Supp.. MAPD sounds like a good deal until you really have a serious ongoing problem and want to use the very best providers available. Nice to know that places like Mayo and MD Andersen are available if I want to go

Back