3 Reasons To Focus On DSNP

God, you're dense. Like, there's literally no other way to explain it. You're 2nd grade reading comprehension is showing way too hard. Did you get special accommodations to take the insurance test?

Here in MI, you can have someone read the drivers license questions to you if you're illiterate. Is that what happened for you?

Woah. Deep breaths man. I knew your ego was fragile, but I didn’t realize it was fragile enough to revert to elementary school name calling .

The comments about D-SNP kind of proves my point with what your initial comment indicated. Your book of business is small. You’re ego is threatened by the fact that a market exists(D-SNP) in which agents are writing more business in a year than you have on your entire books. As a result, you are triggered by posts that talk about D-SNP in a positive light and feel the need to undermine/derail them.

There’s a lot that’s wrong with your perception of the low income market, but it all stems from the fact that you’re insecure that your book is tiny.

The dsnp and lis mkt is easily accessible with dm thus many agents are in it yr round .The clients will send many cards on per yr . It’s your job as an agent to form a bond and relationship with clients . It’s true you must “ touch” these clients 3 plus times a yr to be successful . A call, door knock , birthday and Christmas card ,ringless voicemail , text . A combo of 3 plus of those must be done . No question dealing with dsnps much more work than middle to upper income . But there’s also much more opp to grow your book at unbelievable rates if you work super hard . But I understand why few agents want to hit this mkt hard .

After a yr of building my book 6 days a week with dsnp and lis mostly I’m at the pt I’m shifting more to lower middle income non dsnp . I want a balanced book . You can write the non dsnp 5 months of the yr including the oep. My book is big enough that I walk away from potential headaches . I can be pickier .

I have pooped my pants. DSNP has been good to me so far. But Im not a veteran. Why dont you like them?

I don't dislike them. They serve a niche customer that definitely needs help (I think poor people are the most exploited in our system.)

I have MAPD clients and I have DSNP clients. I, personally might I add, dont think they're the best place to build the foundation of your book.

They're constantly bombarded with mailings and call center calls and often uneducated about what they're getting themselves into. The fact they can switch every quarter constantly puts your book at risk.

I'm 100% Medicare. I don't do FE. Which means prospecting (for me) is much more difficult. I don't believe in hanging out at soup kitchens and the like scoping out leads...

Finally, I have a Conflict of Interest interacting with U65 Medicare Eligible Disability clients. I have a few, but they're super rare that I take them on.

All of that said, seriously do you. It doesn't fit into my plan. God bless someone that's going to take that on and work it correctly instead of a cash grab.

It's just not the only way to work (or even the most efficient, imo) post AEP.

Ymmv.

I have pooped my pants. DSNP has been good to me so far. But Im not a veteran. Why dont you like them?

The avg dual/LIS will stay on the books roughly 3-4 years, whereas the avg non-dual/LIS will stay with you for closer to 7-8 years. Duals are also more service work and can be hi-jacked by your states Medicaid program, especially if you live in a left-leaning state.

Back