3 Reasons To Focus On DSNP

NF Insight

Guru
Insurance Forums
Sponsored Advertorial
There's more opportunity than ever for Medicare Agents to write business 12 months a year. A big piece of that revolves around continued expansion and enhanced benefits with Dual Special Needs Plans. Bill talks through the overall opportunity with those on Medicare and Medicaid, the difference in the sales process versus traditional Medicare Advantage, and how to establish cost free partnerships with Dentists.

There's an opportunity for agents to write business all year round now... It's called T65 and Medigap...

JS.

God bless people that make DSNP their go to product. While I have a few I'd rather not.

Since we're asking questions that are none of our business.

Just responding to a sarcastic, smart ass comment with a sarcastic, smart ass question.

The insinuation in this post was that there is opportunity beyond just T-65 to grow your book during the lock in......

I didn’t ask the question bc I want or care about the answer. I asked the question to suggest that your inclination to undermine posts about D-SNP marketing means your book is probably pretty small.

Just responding to a sarcastic, smart ass comment with a sarcastic, smart ass question.

The insinuation in this post was that there is opportunity beyond just T-65 to grow your book during the lock in......

I didn’t ask the question bc I want or care about the answer. I asked the question to suggest that your inclination to undermine posts about D-SNP marketing means your book is probably pretty small.

My book is small because I don't actively hunt down DSNP and challenge you don't have to chase down DSNP to write year-round?

Seems like your logical is all sorts of falling apart here.

There are plenty of agents on this forum that write year round and don't do MAPD or DSNP. Maybe you should check your assumptions at the door, because it's definitely making an ass out of you.

My book is small because I don't actively hunt down DSNP and challenge you don't have to chase down DSNP to write year-round?

Nobody said you needed to write D-SNP to sell 12 months a year. I’m suggesting that you felt the need to undermine this thread with that T-65 comment because you are insecure that your book is small.

So just to clarify:
- Yes, not all agents sell D-SNP.
- No, the fact that you don’t sell D-SNP doesn’t mean you have a small book.
- Yes, the fact that you feel the need to undermine anybody talking about the D-SNP market positively suggests the fact that you are insecure about having a small BoB.

Nobody said you needed to write D-SNP to sell 12 months a year. I’m suggesting that you felt the need to undermine this thread with that T-65 comment because you are insecure that your book is small.

So just to clarify:
- Yes, not all agents sell D-SNP.
- No, the fact that you don’t sell D-SNP doesn’t mean you have a small book.
- Yes, the fact that you feel the need to undermine anybody talking about the D-SNP market positively suggests the fact that you are insecure about having a small BoB.

Again, you should check your assumptions at the door. I don't undermine anyone talking positively about marketing DSNP.

Maybe if you'd use more than a second grade reading comprehension, you'd be able to read where I actually say God love people that work DSNP their go to product, because I don't want to.... Meaning I'm glad others serve this niche, because I dont.

That's not "undermining" DSNP, or anyone that markets them. It's saying you don't have to sell it to work year round.

Whipping out the BoB line shows some pretty significant immaturity on your end. On my end, I turn business away that I don't want to deal with. If I was truly insecure about my book, I'd write every piece of garbage that came across my desk.

Just because I understand your reading comprehension is poor, I'm not saying DSNP is garbage... I'm saying that I don't have to write everyone that CALLS ME (because I don't chase for work) which invalidates your very misinformed assumption that I'm insecure about my book.

There's an opportunity for agents to write business all year round now... It's called T65 and Medigap...

JS.

Bottom line is that the quoted comment above screams insecurity. Let posts about D-SNP’s exist without trying to undermine them.

Bottom line is that the quoted comment above screams insecurity. Let posts about D-SNP’s exist without trying to undermine them.

God, you're dense. Like, there's literally no other way to explain it. You're 2nd grade reading comprehension is showing way too hard. Did you get special accommodations to take the insurance test?

Here in MI, you can have someone read the drivers license questions to you if you're illiterate. Is that what happened for you?

No one "undermined" DSNP.

The idea that DSNP is the only or most consistent way to sell out of AEP is simply false.

DSNP cases have a lower persistency rate because most people are on Disability, have call centers hounding them every quarter (because they have SEPs every three months), and are incredibly time consuming to create leads for on a consistent basis.

Small minds (yours) think this "undermining" the product. It isn't. People that are running DSNPs are serving a low income niches that are rife with people trying to take advantage of them. If you're serving that community, good on you.

From a business perspective, if you're making DSNP your primary product, you're accepting a lot of risk with payoff that isn't really any different than working T65 at a less expensive rate.

You don't work at soup kitchens, food banks, utility assistance locations to grind leads to make money in insurance (PS, that's generally the MOST EFFICENT way to make DSNP business work.) You do it because you want to help your community.

DSNPs are not big money makers. That's not a "small book" insecurity, it's a fact. If that's not your goal, awesome... no shade.

Trying to sell agents (because this is an info ad, smart guy) that DSNP is a great way to build a healthy, sustainable book is not accurate.

Some people do it, and that's great on them. The vast majority don't.

Back