Part B: What You Need to Know

NF Insight

Guru
Insurance Forums
Sponsored Advertorial
In this episode Chris goes over what agents need to know about Medicare Part B and provides some resources that can help your client make the right choice when enrolling into part B.

Caveat, not an agent.

I think the implication of "What you need to know" may be a bit of an overstatement for the content of this video.

I think an agent could be in serious trouble if they took the comments here and used them with a prospect without some further research.

Just at the very beginning, Medicare does not cover 80% of everything, only 80% of Medically Necessary expenses. You may think this is impolite nitpicking but I can tell you that there have been agents asking questions here in the forums about Medigap coverage and it is obvious from the questions, and experienced agent answers to them, that the questioning agents do not understand the "Medically Necessary" concept of original medicare and how that relates to Medigap coverage.

Another very basic and very important fact that an agent needs to know and should be mentioned before one starts in on IRMAA, because it affects ALL Part B People on Original Medicare, not just high income individuals, is the deductible.

"Medicare and You" could have been mentioned as a resource for basic information about specific items covered by Part B. While many of the questions on the forum get pretty technical, agents do ask questions that would be clearly answered by reference to the current year's "Medicare and You".

Back