Need LTC Company Recomendations

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I truly appreciate it.
I want to believe the bad reviews are anomalies and that people don't write good reviews to the BBB, but it's hard when you read stuff like this.

https://www.bbb.org/us/wi/madison/p...urance-company-0694-25001231/customer-reviews

I dont know much about National Guardian Life pre-need funeral home policies. I would love to know if those bad reviews are policies where people bought the policies relatively soon before passing away? IE: Are they issuing policies to individuals with limited or no questions & many individuals head to the funeral home to purchase a plan soon after leaving the Drs office or meeting with Hospice.

If that is the majority of their market, could they be looking into the answers on the application to determine if the policy will be paid out or merely the premiums refunded.

National Guardian Life has nothing to do with underwriting or the administration of its LTC policy. It uses Lifecare Assurance in Woodland Hills, CA for everything. Same administrator Mass Mutual used for its LTC policy for 20 years.
You deal entirely with Lifecare Assurance.
This is great insight. I think I need to call a professional as this is the type of information, I would have no way of knowing.

"I want to believe the bad reviews are anomalies and that people don't write good reviews to the BBB, but it's hard when you read stuff like this."
Many people that post to a message board are posting a negative experience, which in all honesty might be there own fault.
How many people who have had Long Term Care claims processed efficiently are posting those experiences on websites?

"I want to believe the bad reviews are anomalies and that people don't write good reviews to the BBB, but it's hard when you read stuff like this."
Many people that post to a message board are posting a negative experience, which in all honesty might be there own fault.
How many people who have had Long Term Care claims processed efficiently are posting those experiences on websites?

True, however there are negative experiences. I was contacted yesterday by a claimant (not a policy I sold) that is having a terrible experience with LTCG, a 3rd party administrator for a well known provider. I contacted the insurance company on her behalf, and the insurance company was livid with how LTCG is handling the claim. And certainly the insurance company was not thrilled that I became aware that these issues were occurring. The issue will be fixed, but there certainly are mistakes made, especially if an employee is not properly trained on the distinctive contractual language. For this reason, I think it is best to use insurance companies that process claims in house and without a 3rd party administrator. I never have ANY issues with OneAmerica for example. OneAmerica moved away from TPAs years ago.

Back