CMS and AHIP testing

Have a retiree category for MAPD business exempt from annual AHIP training?

• Total voters
CMS will be looking to cut commissions. Guaranteed. Its coming 💀🔥View attachment 12602

I don't think this has anything to do with them cutting commissions. They just want it to be equal across the board. When MAPD first came on the scene, carriers all paid different amounts and CMS finally stepped in and said they all had to pay the same amount. Now what they are saying is some carriers have found creative ways to pay a little more than another to steer enrollments their way.

AHIP MAPD annual training requirements approach.

Q: What happens to the 80 year old with 30,000.00 of renewals that cannot read a computer screen due to macular degeneration?

This poll is questioning the common sense of CMS providing a retirement training for agents that no longer are actively selling MAPD products.

Do you think that governing bodies should have a category for retirees so they dont lose their book of business?

This is not something I have given much thought to, as I am nearing age 39. However, I like to think I will have this dilemma when I am nearing 80.

At first thought, I think the answer to your question must be similar to succession planning. Who is keeping the renewals alive after your death? Can that same solution be modified to keep them going as your eyesight diminishes ?

Another thought, would be using the computer to read the questions to you.

Im certain nobody has ever taken the AHIP with another person in the room, leading me to a third option, using a different method, that would likely be against the rules, and better unsaid.

In regards to selling book, and now also entertaining commission reductions in the future, it would be interesting to see how that book valuation is impacted. I have no idea, but at some point, a book will likely be sold, and the next year, commissions on that book are cut by CMS.

CMS will be looking to cut commissions. Guaranteed. Its coming 💀🔥View attachment 12602

Ironically, incentives motive agents, but they also motive beneficiaries. A similar case could be made describing how big MA dental benefits lure in beneficiaries, while the actual plan medical benefits are crap. Beneficiaries enroll in plans that do not best fit their needs on a daily basis. They'll get a plan with 5k of dental benefits, but not go to the dentist, then get hit with a bunch of issues going to a hospital or SNF.

The agents are not the only problem with the issues beneficiaries face. Cutting commissions won't solve all the problems.

This is not something I have given much thought to, as I am nearing age 39. However, I like to think I will have this dilemma when I am nearing 80.

At first thought, I think the answer to your question must be similar to succession planning. Who is keeping the renewals alive after your death? Can that same solution be modified to keep them going as your eyesight diminishes ?

Another thought, would be using the computer to read the questions to you.

Im certain nobody has ever taken the AHIP with another person in the room, leading me to a third option, using a different method, that would likely be against the rules, and better unsaid.

In regards to selling book, and now also entertaining commission reductions in the future, it would be interesting to see how that book valuation is impacted. I have no idea, but at some point, a book will likely be sold, and the next year, commissions on that book are cut by CMS.

Ironically, incentives motive agents, but they also motive beneficiaries. A similar case could be made describing how big MA dental benefits lure in beneficiaries, while the actual plan medical benefits are crap. Beneficiaries enroll in plans that do not best fit their needs on a daily basis. They'll get a plan with 5k of dental benefits, but not go to the dentist, then get hit with a bunch of issues going to a hospital or SNF.

The agents are not the only problem with the issues beneficiaries face. Cutting commissions won't solve all the problems.
When cuts start coming into these programs I guarantee the broker agent commissions will be the first AXE 💀

** This will include renewal cuts as well. People putting apples in this MAPD basket will be shocked to find out this is not a typical insurance product commission. Its controlled by CMS and carrier reimbursement and can change in a dime. Just like they gone up they will come down and no protection like a life, dental, med supp contract.

Last edited:
Back